Write about something that you believed as a child.
When I was a child I believed a lot of thing. Although, one in particular stands out to me more than the others do. When I was a child I believed that the world was a good place. I believed that people always try their hardest to do their best no matter what. I believe that this belief was the combination between myself who tried hard to be the best person I could. But also the childhood nativity and goodness that is ingrained into everyone when they are little; No one is born evil even if it sometimes feels that way.
But after a while I found out the truth, It didn't take long to reach the conclusion that the world is not a good place. Sure, it's full of beautiful and pure things like nature, But it also houses the most unnatural thing of all: Humankind. Whether it be the Atrocities committed against nature or one another. From the 1994 Rwandan genocide that killed and raped nearly a million people. The use of coal as power that has not only stripped our earth naked, pillaging it of all we can, we've all done this in the name of "advancement and progress." But what is progress if you're killing the planet for more money and power? And what is good about a society where we normalize the bombing of children in the name of self defense?
I used to think the world was a good place until they started to make art with no soul attached to it; Make it through algorithms and training it on the very thing they are trying to replace in the name of more profits. And having it talk to people preying on their insecurities and pleasing their every desire, trying to cultivate a relationship so that you will keep coming back as your hooked on the Oxycontin and forming an addictive para social relationship that preys on the most alone and desperate in society. On reflection, you may think I'm a pessimistic person, and to that I say that I'm really not, I may see the world differently then you do but It's built on a love for the planet and the animals that live here. I've always been a half full kind of person and that used to apply to our society. Although, that's changed with my age and experience.
-Love Always, Bryson
Comments
Post a Comment