August 31st- Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

     I have a lot of words and phrases that I've put into my everyday vocabulary, Although embarrassing to admit to be honest. Of course, most of it is slang, but it's often things my friends say or that I see on Twitter that I think is funny. And some of them become inside jokes between me and my friends. One example is saying "True Dat, True Dat" Whenever I agree with something, I've picked that up from my friend Eden and we say it when we agree with someone, especially when they say something kind of personal or embarrassing. It's like a way to show that you support them. 

    Additionally, Whenever me and my friends see my friend Jesus we call him Boss or Boss man. That's because he posted a picture on his story from his job saying "I feel like a boss in this place". So we decided to tease him by calling him boss. Although, I think he likes the name because we joke about the name getting to his head and how he's a lucky charm for his section as he's the worst so it makes the other look better. 

 Of course there is a lot of slang that I've picked up. But, The list is too long. Although, These are the ones I find myself using right now, I guess these slang words show that I don't take things too seriously especially with friends. I can focus and work hard but when I have time with friends I'm going to enjoy myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are three goals that you want to achieve this academic year?

Sept 30th- After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

August 18th - What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.