Sept 14th- Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Last year I took AP World History which was a hard class for me personally because of the high amount of material and coverage of the class. in the class you're really learning about how AP tests and exams are scored. I had Mr. Stean and his focus was for us to be able to look at the rubric and secure those points that we can get, even if we might not fully comprehend what the question or examination of a time period is. Using that during the test it asked me about on my last LEQ (Long Essay Question) about a period and migration during the 1800 to 1900's that I didn't really fully comprehend. This could have been disastrous for me as it's 15% of my grade and if I had made mistakes prior which realistically I probably did, it could lock me out of getting a 4 which was my ultimate goal for the class. Although, by using my comprehension of what the LEQ's rubric is I was able to synthesize an essay about economic depressions and religious persecutions during the time that while not totally in depth hit most of the requirements the LEQ required allowing me to get a 4 on the AP exam.
Comments
Post a Comment