Sept 16th- After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.
Two important takeaways that I got from grading the other AP Language argumentative essays that I can apply to my own writing for the future would be to make sure I get the easy points first and then develop my writing so I can hopefully score all 6 points. Firstly, it's important to note that for the AP test the argumentative essays are broken down into 6 points. The first one is extremely easy being the thesis, this would provide me with at least 1 point to start my essay. I learned from the essays that it was really hard not to get this point. The second thing that I got from the essays we graded was the importance of the evidence point as it counts for 4/6 of the points, which is two thirds of the points. It's really important to fully develop your body paragraphs to ensure that you receive at least 3 or 4 points on your evidence to ensure you do well. And lastly the sophistication point is the hardest to get but only counts for one point. If you use your time well it may be a good idea to attempt to get this point but if your time is running out it may be a wise idea to focus on finishing the test. Overall, I learned that Claims and evidence really make your argument and are the foundation of it all, which the "so what?" and commentary really sophisticate your argument and take it a step above the rest making the meat of the argument, this can be really seen in the high scoring arguments that we graded where they take it a step above the rest.
Comments
Post a Comment