Sept 29th- Write about a conversation that changed you.

A conversation that changed me would probably be with my aunt, bless her heart. She's probably the most creative and wonderful person I've ever met but she's let her body deteriorate and her bone disease and the fear of living take control of her life. I go visit her often though, because I think my dad's wrong about her. He thinks shes a prick and a lonely woman awaiting her death but I see someone who was once full of life and passion that got used and abused by the world and let that abuse get to her later in life. But about 6 months ago I was talking to her and she was talking to me in her wheelchair like she always makes an effort to get in when we come over. We were talking about all kinds of things, Art and Music are passions that we can relate on. Anyways, back to the point we were talking about art and passions and eventually it divulged into a conversation about me, Now, I tend to think I'm weird, I don't really fit in with most people. I told her that I had to change how I act around certain people because that the version of me that they liked. That's when she became more serious and told me verbatim "Don't let yourself change for other people, Other people don't understand how passionate you are then shame on them." I think this changed the way I formed relationships. Once upon a time I would change how I act depending on the person but now I'm just how I am, myself. I don't really care if people think I'm weird because well, I am! And i'm proud of it now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are three goals that you want to achieve this academic year?

Sept 30th- After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

August 18th - What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.